Free Avast virus scanner update available
The Avast update fixes various issues with Avast Free Antivirus.
Version 19.7 has been released for Avast Free Antivirus, Avast Pro Antivirus, Avast Internet Security and Avast Premier. The complete changelog can be found in an article in the Avast Forum. The most important changes we present below.
As the official Avast changelog reveals, the software can now automatically shut down after a virus scan and some problems with Mozilla Thunderbird have also been fixed.
Some of the features/fixes in this release:
- Can now automatically shut down your PC after a Full, Targeted, or Custom scan
- Quick Scans can now be added to your custom scans and scheduled for any time you’d like
- Added an option to Enable/Disable QUIC scanning in Settings
- Separating consents for Google Analytics and Jumpshot tracking in Settings
- Fixed issue in explorer scan where toaster was displayed just on the first occasion
- Fixed memory leak in aswStm.sys driver
- Fixed not working mail messages in Mozilla Thunderbird
- Fix of occasional blocking of MS Windows 10 update by self-defense
- Fix of problems with nested virtualization (VBox/VMware)Affected Products and Release Date
In addition, fundamental work was also done to optimize stability and performance.
Users can download the new version from UpdateStar or from the official website.
Avast Free Antivirus on UpdateStar | Download